- Cooper & Cooper Property Management respects the privacy of all personal information in its care, and maintains the privacy of all personal information provided to Cooper & Cooper Property Management from staff, clients and customers.
Reason for collecting personal information
We collect personal information to enable us to provide our Services to you . These services include:
i. facilitating the sale, purchase, advertising of properties and businesses
ii. recording persons entering a landlord or seller’s property (e.g. for security, inspection, survey or appraisal purposes)
iii. facilitating the leasing of properties (including advertising the properties) and acting as property manager
iv. for our internal business operations
v. complying with our legal obligations
vi. advising clients of additional services or information which may be of interest
vii. providing your contact details to our partners and contractors who provide us with services
viii. maintaining and updating our business infrastructure and systems
ix. insurance and governance purposes
x. statistical purposes
xi. promoting and advertising our business, products and services
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide us with any of the personal information or it is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide the services to you or the services we provide may be compromised.
Types of personal information collected
In order to carry our its functions as a real estate agency Cooper & Cooper Property Management needs to collect personal information clients, customers, vendors, buyers, owners, tenants and others.
The personal information that Cooper & Cooper Property Management collects will depend on the Service or Services we provide to you. It may include:
i. your name, residential or business address, contact phone numbers, email address
ii. family details
iii. employment details
iv. financial information, including assets, liabilities, income, outgoings, spending patterns and credit reference reports
v. the value of your property
vi. insurance details
vii. banking and credit card details
viii. Sensitive Information;
ix. Information in respect to a will or estate;
x. references (e.g. to support rental arrangements);
xi. copies of photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student ID); or
xii. any other personal information relevant to the Service we are providing to you.
- Cooper & Cooper Property Management only collects personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
How personal information is collected and held
We may collect personal information about you in a variety of ways including when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you. We may also collect personal information that is available on the web or other publically available documents.
Generally information will be collected
· When you visit our office;
· When you visit our website
· When you attend an open for inspection
· When you call or email us
· From your web site or any other material you publically distribute.
- We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We implement a range of measures to protect the security of the information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
We use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
a. To establish and maintain your relationship as a customer or client
b. To provide the products and services you have requested from
c. To inform you of other courses or products that may be of interest to you
d. To administer and manage those products and services
- We will not disclose your personal information to any other third party without your written consent, unless the party asking for disclosure has the legal power to require us to disclose the information.
Disclosure of your personal information overseas
Cooper & Cooper Property Management is not likely to disclose your personal information to recipients in other countries.
Security of personal information
Cooper & Cooper Property Management will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, Cooper & Cooper Property Management, its employees, partners and contractors are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information
Agents, Partners, Contractors and Other Third Parties
- agents, partners, contractors and other third parties, who collect personal information on Cooper & Cooper Property Management behalf or who need personal information to provide a legitimate service, are also bound by these terms of privacy to ensure your personal information remains protected at all times.
Use of Internet
Cooper & Cooper Property Management may use the World Wide Web in order to transmit client personal information from delivery sites to other sites within the organisation and also to transmit details to state registering bodies. Security of data transmitted to state and territory registering bodies is managed by these bodies.
Our systems record a variety of information in relation to interactions with our online services. They can include information about software versions used, device types, device identifiers (like IP address) location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity such as links clicked.
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
Cooper & Cooper Property Management has taken all reasonable steps to protect personal information security when using the internet but is aware that no transmission of information by email or to a registering body website is ever totally secure.
- will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Clients are encouraged to help us keep their personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting and informing us of any changes to details.
Procedures for access, correction and feedback
Access to client/participant personal information is available on application to our Privacy Officer. Access to personal information will be controlled at all times. A person requesting the information will be accompanied for the entire time they are in possession of their personal information by the Privacy Officer Natalie Cooper and Susan Cooper.
Depending on the nature of the request, we will endeavour to respond within 5 working days, however, may be able to respond sooner than this. If it will take us longer 5 days we will inform you of the reason for the delay.
- Queries regarding privacy should be directed to the Training and Compliance Manager:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 02 42 298233
Post: 121 Keira Street, Wollongong
- Clients/Customers are able to raise any concerns they may have regarding personal information handling practices by either discussing concerns with the licensee in charge.